Hello, my little turtle doves! Long time, no talkie. Wanna know the because why? I’ve been out-of-my-mind cray-zay biz-zay! “But, Gina,” you say, “how can you always be so busy when you’re never releasing any books?!” Ah, yes, of course. That’s a very good point, and here are a smattering of reasons for that:
- According to Guinness Book of World Records, I’m the slowest writer ever to have writ in the history of writing.
- I’ve spent time back-packing across Alaska as an experiment to see if I spend enough time in the harsh winter conditions, I’d actually start to enjoy snow, ice, and freezing my ass off. (The answer is NO, btw.)
- While working on Sweet Victory, book 4 in the Fighting for Love series, I was offered two very amazing opportunities that I couldn’t pass up. Which meant putting SV on hold for a little while. The good news is…
- 1. I was asked to be a part of the Brenda Novak Sweet Talk contemporary box set which is releasing MAY 1st and will raise money for the Diabetes Research Institute (all proceeds go to the charity). I’ve written a second-chance at love/friends to lovers novella called Ask Me Again that’s loosely based on my youngest sister’s experiences leading up to her Happy Ever After. I’m happy to say she’s finally tying the knot on May 30th! *throws bird seed*
- 2. I can’t really say anything yet (details are being ironed out), however I will have some very exciting news very soon for all my readers who have a thing for hot 1st responders who wear suspenders while handling their huge hoses. *wink wink*
- I’m actually a closet sadist and feel compelled to torture my readers by drawing out the time between release dates as long as possible. (Sorry!)
- I had, like, 5 complete books ready to publish, but my dog ate them.
Now, while you may think I’m pulling some April Fools jokes on you, those are my
bullshit excuses stories and I’m stickin’ to ’em. 😉 But don’t worry, faithful readers, you’ll get Ask Me Again in a month and Sweet Victory before the year is out.
Onto news about signings for 2015. I’ll be appearing at 5 multi-author events this year. I’ve previously announced my attendance for:
- WisRWA Write Touch Conference, Milwaukee, WI, April 24-26. (Signing is the night of the 24th.)
- Romantic Times (RT) Convention, Dallas, TX, May 13-18. (Signing is on the 17th.)
- Love N. Vegas Signing, Las Vegas, NV, July 17-19. (Signing is on the 18th.)
- Reader/Writer Roundup Signing, Houston, TX, October 9-11. (Signing is on the 10th. No website link for this as of yet.)
Also, this coming Tuesday April 7th, if any of you are in the Naperville, IL area, I’ll be participating in a Lady Jane’s Salon romance reading. Five other romance writers and I will be reading a section from one of our books and then selling/signing books after. It’ll be an intimate setting and a great opportunity to get quality time with readers. Check the link for the info.
And now, to add the cherry on top of the conference sundae made of pure awesome, I’ll also be at the…
I’m excited to see Atlantic City; I’ve never been! Anyhoo, my attendance for this event isn’t even the coolest part. It’s who I’m bringing with me that is beyond amazing! Yep, you guessed it (the picture probably gave it away, huh?):
The Venezuelan Gentleman, Franggy Yanez!!!
In case you haven’t heard through the grapevine, I found Franggy on Instagram last year and when I saw the picture on the far left of him in the dog tags, I knew instantly that I had to use him as inspiration for a hero. I’ve been throwing around ideas for a romantic suspense series for a couple of years now and I’m itching to get started on the series as soon as I can. I’ve named the series the G.H.O.S.T. novels (Global High-risk Operators and Special Teams), and Franggy is the inspiration for the leader of the group, former SEAL Macen “Mace” Barnett.
Originally, I’d hoped to have this book done in time for the Sweet Talk box set, but I didn’t want to rush it and do a disservice to the book and Franggy’s character. And due to the #2 thing listed above that I can’t really go into detail about, Mace’s book is being pushed out a little further than planned and will probably not release this year. However, miracles do happen, so you never know. If you pass any wishing wells in your travels, throw a penny in for me, will ya? 😉
So I guess that’s it for now. Make sure you click the FOLLOW ME button at the top of the right sidebar if you want to make sure you get my infrequent and sporadic posts about things going on with my books and appearances. I have lots of stuff in the works and more announcements to make, so you won’t want to miss any of the posts!
Ciao for now, bellas!